Job no: 501090
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Stimulation & Training
Classification Title: Contracts & Grants Spc III
Department: Institute for Simulation and Training (IST)
Type of Appointment: Regular
Advertised Annual Salary: Negotiable
Performs administrative work in support of research proposals, awards, and compliance. Provides oversight of pre-award sponsored program functions associated with the review and submission of proposals. Reviews and analyzes issues for federal and state private sponsoring agencies.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist the SMST Faculty with activities related to sponsored research programs and/or projects. This position primarily involves the pre-award preparation of proposals and submission to various Federal, State, Commercial and Non-Profit Organizations. This includes preparing proposal budgets and submitting sponsored research proposals to UCF’s Office of Research for institutional review and approval using Huron Research Suite (HRS) software.
- This position coordinates internal and external sponsored research collaborators to ensure their commitment and eligibility, and that all appropriate collaborator proposal documents are collected, current, accurate and complete.
- Maintain electronic files regarding proposal-related documents/information including biosketches, current and pendings, facilities, etc.
- Monitors the review, negotiation, and execution of sponsored research award documents and/or related agreements, to endure timely processing through internal systems.
- Ensure SMST internal report information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Assist faculty in the identification of sponsored research opportunities.
Bachelor's or Master's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience.