Position Number: 20671
Job Category: Postdoctoral Full-Time
Annual Salary: Negotiable
The University of Central Florida’s (UCF) School of Modeling, Simulation, and Training (SMST) invites applications for one or more postdoctoral scholar positions in computational social simulation. The selected candidates will contribute to a multi-year, multi-institution team project to advance understanding and practice of online social simulation. The position is located at the UCF SMST. Selected candidates must have the ability to conduct independent research, publish academic manuscripts, develop and execute computational experiments, and support administration. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Conducting specific research projects under the direction of a principal investigator.
2. Supporting proposal development, manuscript writing, and related grant activities.
3. Developing and executing computer programs to run experiments and to support research activities.
Position Minimum Qualifications:
Earned Ph.D. from an accredited university in a relevant discipline, such as computer science, statistics, information systems, computational social sciences, computational simulation, modeling and simulation (M&S), or a closely related discipline. Candidates who expect to earn their Ph.D. within six months will be considered; however, Ph.D. must be completed by the start of the appointment.
- Demonstrated record of high-quality, peer-reviewed academic publications.
2. Excellent knowledge and skills in social network analysis, machine learning, statistical analysis, and computational simulation.
3. Proficiency in computer programming using major programming languages.
4. Strong knowledge in social and behavioral disciplines.
5. Effective communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
6. Experience and knowledge in simulation software tools and in Linux systems administration.
Legal authorization to be employed full-time in the United States for the duration of the position is required. This is a full-time, 12-month position supported by contracts and grants funding (C&G) and is contingent upon available funding.
Additional Application Materials Required:
UCF requires all applications be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website, http://www.jobswithucf.com. In addition to the online application, interested candidates must upload the following documents: 1) a cover letter; 2) a recent CV documenting the applicant’s education, experience, publications and/or papers in progress, technical skills, and recognitions; 3) a professional statement of research interests and evidence of excellence; and 4) a list of names, affiliations, and contact information (including email addresses and phone numbers) of at least three professional references.
Note: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Review of applications will begin on February 28, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Questions about this position may be directed to Dr. Wingyan Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms. Naya Ramirez, search committee coordinator, at email@example.com. For more information, visit http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/56372.