Position Number: 42195
Job Category: Faculty Full-Time
Annual Salary: $65,000 to Negotiable
The Institute for Simulation and Training (IST) at the University of Central Florida (UCF) is seeking talented candidates for the position of assistant in computer engineering. The responsibilities of this position will be carried out primarily at the IST Prodigy Lab.
Position responsibilities include:
- Supporting concurrent projects efficiently to meet deliverable deadlines.
- Interacting with an interdisciplinary team of human factors psychologists, industrial engineers, computer scientists, and modeling and simulation.
- Supporting program demonstrations, workshops, and integration assessments.
- Developing functional user interfaces for use in research.
- Working within simulation frameworks and game engines to develop, modify, or create content for working simulations.
- Troubleshooting technical issues in research and data processing software.
- Software development on a variety of code bases.
- Supporting literature review and technology research tasking as required by project or lead.
Position Minimum Qualifications:
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Modeling and Simulation, or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of related professional experience.
Specific skills required include: Proficiency with C/C++, networking, and Microsoft Office.
The following skills are desired: 3D simulation or game development (e.g., Unreal Engine, Unity 3D), Visual Studio, Eclipse, knowledge of Linux (e.g., Ubuntu), Subversion (SVN), CMake, and Qt Libraries. Experience in cybersecurity, including network topologies and infrastructure.
United States citizenship and the ability to obtain a secret clearance is required due to the nature of research performed. This is a full-time, 12-month position supported by contracts and grants funding (C&G) and is contingent upon availability of funding. Travel will be required up to 25%.
Additional Application Materials Required:
UCF requires all applications be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website, http://www.jobswithucf.com. In addition to the online application, interested candidates must upload the following documents:
1. A cover letter;
2. A recent CV documenting the applicant’s education, experience, publications and/or papers in progress, technical skills, and recognitions;
3. A professional statement of research interests and evidence of excellence;
4. A list of names, affiliations, and contact information (including email addresses and phone numbers) of at least three professional references.
Note: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Questions about this position may be directed to Ms. Naya Ramirez, search committee coordinator, at email@example.com. For more information, visit http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/56457.